This week, the Center for Medical Progress has released its fifth video claiming to show that Planned Parenthood is illegally selling aborted fetuses for medical research. This video, like each video before it, has been shown to be deceptively edited to hide Planned Parenthood's actual practices--allowing abortion patients in a small number of states to donate tissue as a service to those patients. In response to the deceptive video, Senate Republicans attempted to defund Planned Parenthood and failed. In the meantime, the Center for Medical Progress is being investigated for illegal practices of their own.
This Sunday, Amanda Marcotte, writer and host of the RH Reality Cast, will return to Atheists Talk to fill us in on these videos and place them in the context of the current political assault on reproductive rights.
- "Planned Parenthood and the Politics of Conservative Resentment" by Amanda Marcotte
- Center for Medical Progress archives at RH Reality Check
- "How a Lie Becomes a Law: GOP Introduces Legislation to Defund Planned Parenthood Based on Deceptively Edited Videos" at Media Matters
- "U.S. judge halts release of secretly recorded videos of abortion providers" at the Los Angeles Times
- "Investigating Two Claims Against Planned Parenthood: Center for Medical Progress's Secret Videos" at bioethics.net
Listen to AM 950 KTNF on Sunday at 9 a.m. Central to hear Atheists Talk, produced by Minnesota Atheists. Stream live online. Call in to the studio: 952-946-6205, or send an e-mail to email@example.com during the live show.
Atheists Talk radio and podcast is a communications service of Minnesota Atheists. Our volunteer producers, hosts, interviewers, and contributors are committed to presenting topics of interest to atheists and humanists. Topics include, but are not limited to, general atheism and humanism, separation of church and state, science, religion, gender, race, culture, and the arts.