What if the Christian god really existed? That's the premise that author Todd Allen Gates takes in his book "Dialogue with a Christian Proselytizer." What conclusions can we reach about this Christian god? One of the book's main themes is: "If you understand why you reject all the other religions, you'll understand why I reject yours." Then Grant Steves discusses "Fundamentalisms." What do religious, political, and other fundamentalisms have in common? Is there such a thing as atheist fundamentalism?
Produced by Minnesota Atheists. Directed by August Berkshire. Hosted by Bjorn Watland.
Grant Steves will speak on "Fundamentalisms" at the Minnesota Atheists public meeting, Sunday, November 16, 2008, 2:00 p.m. at Ramsey County Library, 2180 Hamline Ave. N. (Hamline Ave. & County Road B), Roseville.
"Dialogue with a Christian Proselytizer" - an interview of Todd Allen Gates by Mike Haubrich.
- Book: "Dialogue with a Christian Proselytizer" by Todd Allen Gates
- Wikipedia: Todd Allen Gates
- YouTube: Todd Allen Gates: "Details of Dialogue with a Christian Proselytizer" (Part 1 of 5)
- YouTube: Todd Allen Gates: "Using the Socratic Method with Christian proselytizers" (Part 1 of 7)
- YouTube: Response in support of above video
- Todd Allen Gates video: "Satan's pre-Christian virgin birth stories"
"Fundamentalisms" - an interview of Grant Steves by August Berkshire.
- "Understanding Fundamentalism: Christian, Islamic, and Jewish Movements" by Richard Antoun
- "The Battle for God" by Karen Armstrong
- "On Being Certain: Believing You Are Right Even When You're Not" by Robert Burton
- "The Fundamentalist Mind: How Polarized Thinking Imperils Us All" by Stephen Larsen
- "Defenders of God: The Fundamentalist Revolt Against the Modern Age" by Bruce B. Lawrence
- "How to Think About Weird Things: Critical Thinking for a New Age" by Theodore Schick, Jr. and Lewis Vaughn
- American Humanist Association
- Humanists of Minnesota
- Secular Coalition for America
- YOU - Donate to Atheists Talk!