Biological anthropologist Greg Laden joins Stephanie Zvan to talk about his experiences with missionaries in the remotest parts of Africa and answer questions about what missions really offer the indigenous populations. He'll tell us about the good and the bad and let us know where we need to step up to provide secular help uncomplicated by the religion of the missionaries.
This will be the final live Atheists Talk on the radio and the last podcast for a while, until we get the details of the ongoing podcast worked out. If you're not attending the Pride Parade with the Minnesota Atheists delegation, please consider joining us at Q.Cumbers after the show to celebrate our long and successful radio run.
- Dirty poor people living in slime: Missionaries and American Idol, Greg Laden's Blog
- Greg's series on his experiences with missionaries
- Greg's Congo Memoirs or start at The Zodiac
- Greg's Lost Congo Memoirs
- Strategy for religious missions, Africa Mission Resource Guide
"Atheists Talk" is produced by Minnesota Atheists. Mike Haubrich, Director and Host.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE iTunes PODCAST
SUBSCRIBE TO THE STANDARD RSS FEED
Write a review of Atheists Talk
Listen to AM 950 KTNF on Sunday at 9 a.m. Central to hear Atheists Talk, produced by Minnesota Atheists. Stream live online. Call the studio at 952-946-6205 or email us at email@example.com.