Win the opportunity to throw the first pitch at an Atheist ballgame!
On Friday, July 11 the city of Saint Paul will be unofficially renamed “Mister Paul” while it hosts an atheist-themed minor league baseball game and you can toss out the first ceremonial pitch at Midway Stadium!
The Saint Paul Saints minor league team will change their name to the secular-friendly Mister Paul Aints for the third year in a row in what is being billed as a Night of Unbelievable Fun: The Third Strike sponsored by the Minnesota Atheists and Freedom from Religion Foundation. After losing the first two years, the Mr. Paul Aints will be going for their first win when they face the Kansas City T-Bones. There will be pregame tailgating, post-game fireworks, atheist-themed antics, and even atheist-themed jerseys that will be worn by the home team players.
If you’re interested in winning the opportunity to get the unbelievable fun started by tossing out the first ceremonial pitch you can email your bids to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bidding is up to $200 as of June 23 at 5:00pm (CDT)
Here are the bidding rules:
- Bidding begins on June 9, 2014 and ends on June 23, 2014 at 5pm (central time).
- Submit your bid to email@example.com
- Along with your bid, you will need to include your full name, address, and phone number. You will be contacted by a Minnesota Atheists board member to verify your bid. Bids placed without this information will not be accepted.
- The bidding will be updated daily at MinnesotaAtheists.org/FirstPitch so you can see how your bid compares to others.
- Payment must be received within five business days. Electronic payment via PayPal is preferred. Check or money order is acceptable and can be sent to Minnesota Atheists P.O. Box 120304, New Brighton, MN 55112.
- The winner will receive a complimentary Mr. Paul Aints t-shirt and hat which they will be required to wear when throwing out the first ceremonial pitch.
- Must be at least18 years old to bid and participate.
- If you’re interested in attending the game, game tickets are available at SaintsGroups.com. After you get through the Captcha screen you’ll need to enter in the code word, “Atheists.”
You might want to consider staying in town the next day and join other friendly heathens for our third annual regional conference in downtown St. Paul. Speakers include Susan Jacoby, Debbie Goddard, PZ Myers, and more! For more details about the baseball game and conference visit MinnesotaAtheists.org/conference